Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

The assumption that most people wouldn't use a digital input

may be slightly off the mark, especially given the proliferation of music server devices. I saw a really cool server product at CES in the "sooloos" room (Jeff Joseph was using it too). It had the best user interface I've ever seen, and would be a perfect "whole house" solution. When I told my wife about it, she nearly flipped, as it does the exact thing she would want. More and more higher end servers are likely to come down the pike, but I doubt any of them will be a match for Ayre's products at the all important D/A conversion & output stage, given your attention to the "analog" outputs and all the other details you sweat that most others do not.

It would be a shame not to be able to use such a product in the primary listening environment with a reference class D/A converter (like that I'm sure you will introduce in your "R"-level disc player, whenever tht arives). Anyway, you can add me to the list of folks who would like the digital input as a feature -- although I would also love to see what you would cook up if Ayre were to itself create a server-like product.

BTW, its really great to have you so actively participating here at the Asylum again and I trust your rehabilitation is providing results. Thanks as always. - Pete -

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.