Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I'd ask you to re-read both our posts with care.

We're getting WAY too far from the point of my original criticism: fawning praise is nauseating.

If it was your intention to add some levity by being "whimsical" in your original post, then I offer my apologies. You haven't been posting here long enough for me to recognize your true "voice" vs. an affectation that you've adopted for a single post. To me, it sounded like a pretentious windbag trying to impress.

Still, I ask you to re-read your original post, all the while imagining yourself using these EXACT words in a regular conversation with family and friends. At the minimum, I expect you'd get rolling eyes. Most people should also expect and feigned gagging and comments that include the word, "dork."

I hope you also re-read MY posts, noting that, not only did I NOT disparage Julia Fischer, I complimented her. (Pentatone, however, has been hit or miss, for me. I gave up buying their disks after only two hits out of six.)

While I have sampled several of Julia Fischer's recordings, the only one I actually own is the unaccompanied Bach. I rarely listen to it, mainly because of what I consider excessive reflected sound which muddies up the clarity of the solo violin. It also sounds too closely-mic'd, unnaturally highlighting string and bow noise. It's funny that you mentioned the "wiry-toned" Hilary Hahn, whose tone and cleaner recorded sound I prefer. I've got tickets to her performance of the Sibelius concerto this coming Tuesday.

While I admit to stomping on your original post, I'm not looking for a war. Truce?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.