Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Julia Fischer: Can She Do No Wrong?

I'm listening now for the first time to the Mendelssohn Piano Trios on Pentatone, and I am deeply moved by the beauty, energy, and charm of music from which I really didn't expect much. Every SACD I own which features the young Julia Fischer (I believe I have every one currently available) is almost beyond criticism. Whether she is playing solo, in a trio, or accompanying an orchestra, her tone is voluptuous, her intonation perfect, her interpretation seemingly a combination of the best features of every other performance I've heard. Is it just a coincidence that every recording is well nigh perfect, and that everyone associated with the performance seems to be playing at their peak and in perfect sympathy with her? Have I been put under some kind of a spell by this sorceress of the violin? Is she also bewitching every orchestra, every recording engineer, even the damn microphones?

Would Pentatone PLEASE get this woman to record every violin piece ever written before the spell is broken?

Peace,
Tom E

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Julia Fischer: Can She Do No Wrong? - madisonears 19:18:31 02/27/07 (30)

You can not post to an archived thread.