Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: SACD sourcing resources

By far most of my SACD purchases have been from CD Universe. It has nothing to do with price but all to do with service and convenience.
They seem to have an extensive inventory and when I make an order all my information is already there (such as shipping address and what not) which speeds things up, and I generally get my order filled in a couple of days. On one or two occasions I received a defective disc (or a disc that would not play properly on my machine) the exchange process in fairly harmless.

Otherwise, I get a lot of SACDs directly from the label directly. For example I have purchased probably a dozen or so in the past few weeks directly from Telarc/Heads Up. Likewise, SACDs from labels like Linn, or JAV Recordings I get directly from the label.

If I happen to be at Fry's, usually for computer/video related stuff, I always look through the SACD bins. It's not unusual that I will find a SACD or two that I had no idea existed. Otherwise, that is the only brick and mortar retailer from where I purchase SACDs.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: SACD sourcing resources - Robert C. Lang 11:40:29 02/26/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.