Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Problem with C5XE...Please advise...anyone from Ayre

<< Last night, while playing an SACD, in the middle of a song, the player stopped. I played the song again and it continued. No problems anymore. >>

I would guess that there was a piece of dust or similar on the disc. If the laser assembly doesn't receive a clear signal, the unit will stop playing. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it starts happening a lot, call Michael at x223 and he will give an RMA and we will replace the transport mechanism.

<< 2 mos. ago. I wanted to fast forward a track (using redbook cd), the player displayed "STOP" as if I reached the end of the cd. But that was not the case. >>

What happened here probably depends on whether you were using the front panel controls or the remote control. The outer control ring on the front panel operates four tact switches, and the inner button operates two switches. The spring mechanism doesn't offer 100% independent operation of the switches. It's possible that you pressed the outer ring in a way that accidentally operated the "stop" function.

If it was the remote control, I'm not sure what might have happened. All I can say is that microprocessors sometimes get "confused", so it's not unusual for unexpected things to happen on occasion. In this case, it's most likely the remote control itself. We haven't tracked it down yet, but it appears that there is a "bug" whereby if a specific button sequence is pressed in rapid succession then an unexpected command will be issued.

At this point, it doesn't sound like there is anything to be worried about. Let us know if either situation becomes a problem and we'll work with you to get it straightened out.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.