Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Nice Review !

Thanks!

I could write part two already, but it just me more of part one with additional raves about this unit.

I am so impressed and happy with it. It really is a special product and it is to bad it cost so much, but compared to other expensive units I have owned it is well worth its asking price and then some.

This unit will be a classic, and I don't need any reviewer from one of those magazine to tell me so and then go out and buy it once they give me permission to do so...smile!!

I was lucky to hear one, and I heard what was special about it right away, ordered mine and never looked back.

I had the one box Mitner at my house last weekend at the Marnatz was better over all. It got the soul!

By the way dynamics are just superb but not in your face like the Cary 306 SACD was when it or I should say they worked, all 5 of mine had problems.

The Marantz is very natural; with out standing depth of field and width when the recording has it, my wife said you could hear the hall so easy on classical recordings that are live.

She also said you can hear the give and take of the instruments and she sat down and listened to a whole CD of Brahms Violin Concerto in D Op.77 with David Oistrakh on Violin. Now this is not my type of music, but I was down stairs and I listened to it and I never heard it sound so moving, and it is not a great recording, but the playing came forth in such a way that you forgot about the tape hiss and other problems with the mastering. EMI Classics budget line.

Another thing that is priceless in having the phase inversion switch, I am listening to Nate King Cole Trio on Capital, I know from when I had my Levinson 380S that this recording was out of phase and every time I played it for the past 2 years it never sounded right, thin and lacking the body and weight to the bottom that I knew was there, so I put the disc on, listened to it for the first time on the Marnatz and felt the same way, hit the phase switch on the front of the unit and its back in its full glory.

Like I said a priceless feature...see I told you I could write another review...smile!

A good friend of mine just sold his Sony SCD1 and should have his Marantz SA-7S1 by the weekend he has a great system so I will be interesting in his feedback, having owned the SCD1 (a classic) I think he will be very happy, in fact jaw dropping.

The only thing I wished they would have done is put the phase inversion switch on the remote, for me it is fine because my rack is right by where I sit, so I can just reach over and push the switch, by my friend will have to get up and walk across the room to do so.

What I do is mark my cd's with an r for reverse, so when I play it I know how to setup the polarity.

Give this unit a listen if you can, perhaps you will like it as much as I do, then perhaps not, but it is worth a listen.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Nice Review ! - PhillyB 08:28:38 02/22/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.