Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Good to hear your story, and PhillyB's comments - it allays my fears for my player.

I did send it to the Laredo, TX Sony center. The procedure is fairly simple, done online, that generates contact information and a repair order. Then just ship...one caveat here, do not ship in the original box(if you still have it) Sony will NOT return ship the player in the same box!! For some reason, they can't seem to keep track of the container it came in. Use a generic double box with thick foam padding(all 4 sides) and bubble wrap the unit and it should be fine. Do not include your remote, power cord or CD weight, as they will just serve to bang around inside the box and could cause damage, Sony has these items if needed for the service.

Customer service contact(e.g., email and phone) during the whole thing was first rate, I received 3 reports, one upon arrival, one after diagnosis and a last one before shipping out. Sony completed repairs in 3 days and I had it back on the 5th(as I requested air service return). But I did pay for 3 day air to the service center, not willing to go ground from the east coast to TX; expensive yes but a small price to pay for piece of mind!

Player was return in perfect condition and I was amazed on how good it sounded with a new laser. I had actually thought about doing a mod beforehand but that urge quickly passed after I heard the unit upon return.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.