Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Any Cary transport parts compatible with SCD-1?

Parts are available, Sony still shows $254.00 flat rate repair for the SCD1, to many rumors not enought facts.

The part numbers may change over time, but as long as there is a shown demand for parts they will continue to stock them, of course at some point this does end, but the consumer demands have a big impact on this.

I worked for Sony Service for 18 years I know of what I speak. Cary is buying OEM from Sony, if they can buy the part then its still out there, right?

Cary has other issues with this unit. I had five of them, all had problems of some sort, some worse then others.

It like my brother, he paid a guy to built his computer from scratch and 8 months later still having problems, reason, all the parts are not working together as they should, same happens with a unit like the Cary 306 SACD, something is a miss and the parts are not working together as they should, and this does not just happen to Cary, but a lot of smaller companies that depend on OEM parts to built their units.

This is not a knock just a fact, some units I aould not buy because I know there will be problems down the road and who is going to fix them? This should be a number one concern on top of the sound quality of a unit.

Some manufactures may not even be around in 5 years, then what do you do? Something to think about.

Sony has a service website.

The SCD1 is a very good sounding and built as good as anything made today and 6 times the asking price, you can find them used in pristine condition for $2,200 or so.

If you want to take a chance on a mod being done on it, you could do that also and wind up having a unit that would still be cheaper then buying some of the crap out there today.

"Peace is better than war, the truth is better than a lie, both have deadly results to innocent people" Make music not war!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.