Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Well, OK, but

For the record, I did not *jump* on Metralla, nor was I having a go at him. I simply asked him a question, because I was unclear. And when he responded somewhat haughtily, I simply said there was no need to be defensive, it wasn't a "trap question".

The reason I asked the question was that it seemed strange that someone would ask a question about alternative translations of a title, but word it in such a way that it appeared personal and directive. And then when numerous people (including the original poster) replied that both variants were in use, Metralla became dogmatic and started insisting that "bald" is correct because it was the literal translation. I was curious about the sudden change, that's all. Perhaps I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

PS - I don't know Russian, but I do have a few Russian friends. From what I can gather, Russian is highly idiomatic and literal translations often miss the mark or generate spurious semantic associations.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.