Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Telarc's Britten/Elgar and Sibelius Kullervo and Kimber Kable Frye Street Quartet

Agree 100% on the sound of the Britten/Elgar and the Sibelius Kullervo Telarc discs. I cannot say it better than you: the conclusion of the Enigma Variations is "utterly splendid".

I will definitely revisit the Sibelius Kullervo, especially based on your comments. While the sound is indeed supurb, by any measure, the music had me nodding until probably "Kullervo Goes to Battle". But that was on first listening. I will listen again.

It should be noted that both the Britten/Elgar and the Sibelius Kullervo are Michael Bishop engineering masterpieces. The man knows what he is doing. And you really know what the definition of "ratchet up" when you hear his work in multi-channel!

But beyond Mr. Bishop's contributions with respect to *consistency*, Telarc has the most close to lifelike recordings in my collection.

You comments on the Frye Street Quartet almost precisely mirror mine in that you compare it to a live experience. See my comments below.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Telarc's Britten/Elgar and Sibelius Kullervo and Kimber Kable Frye Street Quartet - Robert C. Lang 10:17:04 02/15/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.