Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: blu-tacking my Marantz DV-9600

Joaqin - I have 3 discs that I'm aware of that my transport does not read. This is not terrible considering my collection is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000, maybe higher - I haven't counted in quite a while. I have been able to get around the problem for all 3 discs by making a CDR copy.

I have used rope caulk on the chassis cover, and believe that had some audible effect of making things sound slightly more full in the midrange and bass, and seemingly lower noise in the music against black background way - could just be the better sounding midrange and bass providing the illusion of lower noise, or some relief from a lift in the treble I hadn't realized was there. IME, the effects of the rope caulk tweak are very subtle, and I would stop short of recommending it to others for the Denon 3910 player. I've also used some isolation and decoupling tweaks from a few types of cones and Herbies isolation cups/balls. I couldn't hear a clearly identifiable effect from those changes - could be that the rack does a pretty good job on it's own at my listening volumes.

I am interested in the improved performance of the transport overall, as you've endorsed this tweak in a very convincing way for your Marantz player, and I think it's improved ability to read the discs it previously could not is decent indication that transport performance as it pertains to reading the recording can be achieved. I have not attempted to perform and anti-resonance tweaks to the transport on my Denon. I've always been very leery to do anything to apply anything to circuit boards or the transport mechanism. Given that the technique is reversible, I might try what you are talking about if I understand better how you implemented those changes. If there is something I can do to srvice the rails to prolong the life of the player, that would be of value as well. I think if you were to document your next venture under the covers with some pics, others would find it very useful. Thanks...

Ken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: blu-tacking my Marantz DV-9600 - McGruder 02:59:28 02/15/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.