Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Denon 3910 static noise on certain SACDs

I have 2 (Steve Davis Project, "Quality of Silence" from DMP label and Mussorgsky "Pictures at an Exhibition" from Living Stereo label) that are afflicted with a high frequency buzz when my SACD filter is set to 50KHz. When it is set to 100KHz, it removes this noisy artifact. I don't understand this. I thought that the 50KHz setting would filter everything from 50KHz and higher. Perhaps when using the 50KHz setting, information is filtered between 50KHz and 100KHz is somehow detroying the integrity of the overall audio signal? I can't think of any other explanation.

I haven't thoroughly put this to the test, but I think I like the 50KHz setting better than the 100KHz setting in general, so I would need to make this filter adjustment specifically for these SACDs.

I'm sure others have experienced this, and I'd appreciate any explanation of what is happening here.

Ken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Denon 3910 static noise on certain SACDs - McGruder 07:42:19 02/14/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.