Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Thoughts after listening

I don't find the music, per se, disappointing. I haven't listened enough to determine if there are any gems or not. There are a few tracks that, as I said, are appealing at first blush. Is it her best material? Perhaps not. But the big disappointment to me is the quality of the recording.

Here is an artist whose releases on redbook have a reputation for sonic purity -- at least the ones I am familiar with, and I don't know them all. I had great expectations, looking forward to one of the few original SACD releases by a major artist (there have been so few!). Unfortunately, my hopes were dashed by what seems to be a rather shoddy, poorly produced recording. I don't know this record label, "New West," but the impression I get is this thing was produced on a shoestring.

I'm not questioning your musical judgement at all. What I am saying is that I would have been delighted, even with the material on the recording, if they had done justice to SACD.

Why record something on Fisher-Price equipment and then release it on SACD? That's what annoys me about THIS record.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.