Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

You may have a point

Hi Chris

> Not to defend Defender or anything, but it seems he/she clearly stated comments were based on experience and personal opinion only, so not sure what you mean by "extrapolating".

Maybe you are right, maybe he has heard the player. But the PRAT comment is just something I cannot agree with and re the smallish soundstage, that no doubt is a matter of opinion AND system context. This little player, and I have heard all the players he mentions except the Unidisk (that's why I brought up Allen's experience with the German reviewers) and there is no doubt that the JLTi player is essentially quite different, actually more see-through and less immediately bold (the dCs P-8i is the opposite). Despite what the review said, it actually is capable of real low end power, but only a demo in that kind of system will be convincing.

Maybe Defender (hope he/she reads this) can confirm that he heard the player? If yes, fair enough.

> I'll try and drop in one weekend to have a listen and also help you out with the E-MU. Similarly, you are welcome to come to my place for a listen.

Would love that and I definitely would like to accept the invitation. And I would of course bring a player. But with getting the E-MU working... and listening to the player in the context of THIS system I know will prove the point, PRAT and lack of bass et al.

ANY weekend, just let me know and I'll drop EVERYTHING! :-)

> PS - I think I may have found a way to "rip" SA-CDs digitally. I'll let you know next week whether I'm successful or not. It's not a DSD rip though, it decimates to PCM 88.2/24 (but this is what I want since I have no DSD playback equipment other than my SA-CD player).

Now THAT has got my interest. Yes please! 88.2/24 has got to be better than 44.1/16. Besides, 96/24 samples I have heard have been more than OK, even if maybe not SACD. Keep me posted.

Also, I have something else that you may find of interest, something rather confidential at this stage. I have never really considered getting a patent, but have been told that I may have to change my mind and one engineer guy who has experience in this sort of thing has offered to help me. Yes, it is audio related. It's about taking an old technique and using it in a way that was not even considered because it isn't supposed to have anything to do with THAT. You are not supposed to put tomato sauce on ice cream, right?

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.