Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Anybody else disappointed in Chesky "New York Sessions"?

I can't argue because I agree. It's sad too. I have had those older Chesky redbook discs with various tests for ten years I think. These recent discs have good fidelity but thats it. The recording techniques are not cutting it for me. I didn't love the old recording technique but the fidelity was nice. Now I almost abhor this recording setup. I have many good sound quality, poorly engineered audiophile recordings. Got the Junior Brown Tel-Arc? Nice fidelity, his vocal is right on but everything else is kinda weak. And on the later tracks where he does heavy electric git/steel his amp sounds like crap. He either had bad tubes from the start of the session or wasted one or some of them at the session. They just didn't show their weakness until he cranked the amp. I've seen him live, front row, I know what it should sound like. Any (elec) guitarist would hear that amp from the session for 5 seconds and know somethings wrong. Oh well......thank goodness for online reselling. Now I'm only out a little.

ET

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Anybody else disappointed in Chesky "New York Sessions"? - Awe-d-o-file 13:51:36 01/31/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.