Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Cary CD 306 SACD Revision

Hi,

I had three units replaced, purchased two more new and all had problems. My last one was October 2006.

Door staying closed, static and popping, one channel only at times on SACD, would not read discs, lockup until unplugged, not ejecting the disc, switching from cd to SACD had to un-plug before it would read SACD, cut of last track on any cd over 25 tracks.

I will never buy a Cary digital unit again at any price this is very poor design and quality control at $6,000 soon I hear to go to $7,500 is nuts to even consider it.

Stereophile held off a review until a new board was put in, my also had a new board put in and was the newest design, still had problems.

Consider I have had CD players that cost $200 and DVD players in the same price range and none have given me the many problems as this $6,000 unit did, in fact zero problems.

I would tell everyone to think twice about this unit, it does sound very good when it works, but you can expect to have problems and if they do decided to raise the price then I would not even consider this unit.

Buy wise, buy smart, this is a dog of a design.

Not bashing Cary, just this unit, and I not the only one who have had the above problems, many, and many have.

I am back to buying major manufactures again, My new Marantz SA7-S1 should be arriving shortly and I will have the piece of mind knowing when I turn it on it will work.

Mr. B

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Cary CD 306 SACD Revision - PhillyB 10:40:00 01/22/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.