Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Since you asked...

****"Sometimes that "venue" is simply someone's living room. In the latter case, clearly the size is more similar to the space in which I listen to my stereo, i.e."****

I do agree. I was in a "living room venue" with a live jazz band over the weekend (see comments below about the "New York Sessions" recordings) and I thought about then what you have shared here. The side/rear information is not *as* critical, but it is there nonetheless, especially in my venue the living room opened out to the entry hallway. Hopefully, any multi-channel recording of that type of venue would employ the subtlest of rear channel participation

****"Finally, just want to emphasis that this is my *perspective*. I'm not trying to say I'm right by listening to 2-channel, and that you are wrong for listening to multi".****

However, if a multi-channel listener has her/his system set up properly and if that same system is also used for two channel listening (by definition the two channel system would also be set up properly) then they are in a great position to compare the two layers and decide which one sounds the most like the real thing to them. A two-channel only listener does not have that choice.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.