Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

No mention of the pause!!!

Thank you for your comments. I found them interesting, enlightening and refreshing (no mention of the pause:).

But seriously a couple of things, I agree, to a point, about the "hyper realistic" presentation of the explosive climaxes. I don't believe this is a SACD issue. I recall thinking (and in this forum) writing much about the same thing regarding recordings, especially Telarc vinyl recordings (and later CD) from the 70s as well CDs in general. Secondly, I don't ever recall any vinyl recordings, (including my direct-to-disc), that match with respect to dynamics, what has been demonstrated with some of the ladder day SACD recordings, with all due respect given your well stated comments. Thirdly, the SACD recordings (and may be their Red Book layers) such as the Fischer Mahler 2nd comes as close as I remember (admittedly faulty) to what I heard live in concerts featuring, Saint Saens "Organ Symphony", Prokofiev 5th and Mahler's 6th. A *very* expensive rig (and perhaps many that are not so expensive but damn good) such as the Rockport I auditioned *can* do wonders, but at the expense of "soft clipping" the dynamics. But this can sound far better and more realistic than a digital climax done incorrectly or over done.

You pondered:

***Will there ever be a format and delivery system that surpasses good vinyl?**

My multi-channel system, at least in the areas that you were critical of SACD above, *readily* and *easily* surpasses good vinyl.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.