Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I Find Some Disappointment Towards The Haitink Interesting

Layman's post below and also the second review on sacd.net.

I feel in the long run I would be doing a disservice to myself if I did not go ahead and give this particular Haitink recording a try. Most opinions towards it are quite favorable. I could probably live with the Vanska SACD recording only to this point for the 9th since I enjoy it immensely but I have spent money on other SACDs in the past that perhaps afterwards I most certainly wouldn't consider in the same league as this Haitink recording.

Have you noticed relatively little to no mention on the Masur or Karajan LvB cycles since the Vanska and Haitink recordings have been released? I don't have any of those whatsoever any therefore cannot comment on their quality but I think I know why there hasn't been much chatter on them at all lately!

Thank again Robert for taking the time to give us your opinion. You most certainly are on a roll and so is SACD. Happy New Year!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I Find Some Disappointment Towards The Haitink Interesting - Robertc88 08:23:49 12/31/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.