Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Marantz SA15S1 SACD player question..

I have a Marantz SA15S1 player I bought earlier this year and it seems to have a problem. When a disc is loaded and the drawer is closed, as the speed ramps up there is a noticeable vibration that either continues or stops when top RPM is reached. Sometimes opening and closing the drawer stops it but more often than not, it continues. I read somewhere that the spindle on the player was either over sized or undersized thereby causing the resonance. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, what is the solution? Does Marantz stand behind a problem like this? It is very annoying and pretty much inexcusable for a player of this level.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Gavin Hadley

ps...we are in the midst of building a new house so my Marantz is in storage at the local mover's warehouse along with just about everything else I own and enjoy. I won't have access to the piece until May-June 07 so would assume Marantz would still honor its 3 yr. warranty at that time. How well do they stand behind their goods?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Marantz SA15S1 SACD player question.. - es347 08:55:13 12/29/06 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.