Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Clarification For My Preference

First I'd like to start off with a season's greetings to all on this forum. All the best to you!!

Thank you Robert for spending the time you took in listening to these and then giving your opinion. As far as when it comes to multichannel listening to the jazz recordings, I prefer most of the Concord and Telarc recordings to the NY Sessions discs I have. The latter do not make use of the center channel and very very subtle use of the rears. In light of that and the fact I have a Denon 3803 AVR which is a $1k component of which by most standards here would be classified as budget, I much rather listen to these discs in two channel with my Rogue tube pre and power amp. Now one may counter with a what would you expect but this isn't always the case and I do listen more in multichannel than anything else. It all depends on the recording process and how multichannel is presented.

I wholeheartedly do agree the NY Sessions recordings put one more so in the presence of a "live" setting. I'm all ears listening to these in two channel! Perhaps you may want to give that a shot in the future.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.