Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Perhaps Mr. Sacks will respond to that issue yet

I got the "feeling" that Mr. Sacks, not being familiar with the "layout" of this forum, attempted to address points made at the top of the thread (my original post) with his response at the very bottom of the thread. I didn't get the feeling that he read all the supporting posts in between, at least not closely to glean the specific concern about the "placement" of the split.

I believe this is why he specifically addressed my two complaints 1) why the total performance could not be squeezed onto a single disc and 2) that perhaps he should have (and could have "easily") inserted a "track" for the entry of the choral section, even though it was done at the bottom of the thread.

Mr. Sacks also generally responded to the accolades given the recording and performance.

To be sure I did "complain" in the original post that the split came after the second movement. But not because of anything that Mahler specified (even though in the past I have raised, like many of us, that very issue). It was because upon listening it just felt *wrong*, innately wrong, to have the split there. At the time it was very disruptive. So, there was a clear inference that the split should have been elsewhere. The "logical" place would have been after the first movement.

Perhaps Mr. Sacks will address this issue yet.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Perhaps Mr. Sacks will respond to that issue yet - Robert C. Lang 00:08:25 12/26/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.