Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Wait a minute

I for one did not suggest the Krell Showcase that you presently use because 1)you expressed reservations about its perfomance in your system and 2) later expressed concerns about its configuration in your system.

Plus I (and I'm sure most others} don't have *meaningful* experiences with these esoteric components and therefore limited suggestions to components with which they have actual experiences or have least heard or read great things about. The only other multi-channel line stage that I have even listened to (other than the Placette that I own) is the Switchman because I auditioned my EMM dac and player with it. But I don't even consider that particularly *meaningful* because the Switchman was not in *my* system. As far as I'm concern the only way to fairly judge a component, *especially* a pre is in *your* system which is how you drew conclusions on your Krell and which is probably why no one recommended back to you.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Wait a minute - Robert C. Lang 11:39:11 12/20/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.