Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Just ordered the Jay Greenberg 5th Symphony SACD

A couple years ago I watched with great interest the 60 Minutes segment about a young composer, a prodigy named Jay Greenberg, who at age two began drawing cellos, then notes, then scoring syphonies he heard in his head. His professor at Juliard claimed the kid is a genius on par with Mozart and Beethoven.

Yesterday, CBS aired a follow-up segment. You'd think in a news report about a musical genius, there would be a minute or two set aside to hear music. But no, the music is only audible for just a few seconds between the questions and observations by the inerviewer. In those few seconds I heard inspired and melodic string arrangements.

Apparently, a Sony exec, after vieweing the original segment, signed Greenberg to a contract and Sony released his fifth symphony back in August. The symphony was recorded at Abbey Rd studios, performed by LSO/José Serebrier. I looked it up and saw, despite no mention of it here, it is a hybrid SACD. Have any of you heard this? I just ordered it.
-------------

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back." -Arthur Rubinstein (1887-1982)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Just ordered the Jay Greenberg 5th Symphony SACD - Jazz Inmate 22:40:41 11/27/06 (9)

You can not post to an archived thread.