Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Gosh, I disagree with that one....

I would be happy if the Genesis SACDs come out. And, - I certainly will buy a couple. These have been in the works for years. And, just because the recordings get redone, doesn't mean that they'll ever see release. Hopefully, they won't get jammed up like the Eno SACDs.

But, I don't think that this has anything to do with the rapid disappearance of SACD, blue-ray, or Dual Disk... all are becoming novelties, and going the way of vinyl. All the while, the archaic dinosaurs, the major label industry players, try to struggle against the rising tide, - refusing to learn how to swim; their death is near.

And, I couldn't be happier. With all they've done to exploit and bamboozle both their artists and the consumers, - I wish them a happy and quick death. For years, the majors have grubbed in the dirt for every single penny, not letting up. Now they SAY that they're providing more value, - by raising prices? When really, it's too late, they've already lost, and there is no more value in physical media.

My hard drive is filling up, and although it's going to take a while for them to disappear, - CDs and all physical formats are essentially irrelevent.... With their continued investment and losses in SACD, DVD-A, Dual Disc, and now blue-ray, - it only serves to exacerbate their losses, and provide us the amusement of watching them die

Thoughts from above hit the people down below. There are people in this world who have no place to go

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.