Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Do a search on DVD-Audiobaun, there are several there that record vinyl to 24 Bit 96kHz

"I have recorded Vinyl to DAT (16 Bit 48kHz) not much more resolution than CD but my recordings didn't have the dreaded shrill upper-midrange that makes me run screaming from the room in pain. I don't know if it's a difference in the extra 5,900 samples per second or format with physical contact sound better than laser read ones."

Some feel that the threshold of transparency may be lower than us audio geeks think. Say somwhere in the 50kHz area. If you haven't already, do check out an SACD of on of the early DMP recordeings. Recorded at 55.1 kHz on an early digital machine (Soundstream?), they sound pretty darn good. The Leonhart has some very nice piano sound and is a cute disc. Jay is no slouch on the bass either.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Do a search on DVD-Audiobaun, there are several there that record vinyl to 24 Bit 96kHz - Ozzie 10:29:11 10/28/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.