Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

" Is there PRAT in classical or jazz?"

I hope so - or I'd find the performance kinda boring I expect.

Muaic is music, no matter the style, and while the notes played may be exactly the same - there's a world of difference between a given classical piece's performance by a world class professional orchestra and a small town amateur one. Also a similar difference between a top jazz or blues trio, and the kids down at the local bar.

And the key differences IMO are Pace, Rythm and Timing - and the overall consistancy of these factors between all the memebers of the group.

Now how it's important in hifi terms - technically - there can be many guesses. Frequency bumps in the response is a common one - regulation (or not) of the powersupplies is another - but lack of phase shift in the bass end is to me a vital contribution to great music playback "feel".from any music.

As a viny user, maybe this will help you understand it better:

A friend has recently changed from a Gyrodeck T/T (high mass platter, low power motor) to a Voyd T/T (low mass platter - three powerful motors) and reports a HUGE inprovement in PRAT!

Why? We can only guess, surmise, speculate...but he loves it!

Regards, Allen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • " Is there PRAT in classical or jazz?" - Allen Wright 02:42:44 10/28/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.