Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Just attended Melba's launch of the SACD of "Das Rheingold" (from the Adelaide Ring Cycle 2004)

The Melba Foundation was kind enough to invite me to the launch yesterday, at the Australian Club.

The event was well attended, including not just patrons of the foundation (representing some of the Who's Who of the Australian arts world) but some of the cast and crew as well (including Lisa Gasteen).

We were treated to a nice little mini-recital by some of Melba's artists, and that was an unexpected treat.

One of the good news from my perspective was an announcement by Maria Vandamme that the label is planning to re-release some (most?) of their back catalogue on Hybrid SA-CD (including surround mixes). This should be good news for SA-CD fans - the re-releases will feature new cover artwork which looks much better than the current ones (in my opinion).

Now that I have my review copy of Rheingold, expect a review on sa-cd.net in the next few weeks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Just attended Melba's launch of the SACD of "Das Rheingold" (from the Adelaide Ring Cycle 2004) - Christine Tham 18:55:48 10/26/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.