Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

yep... me too

We keep our server in the basement and only the (quiet)laptop that the files are distributed to via CAT5 sits in the listening room, - and even that is around the corner, partially in the dining room with a longish USB printer cable going to the USB to SPDIF converter box.

Kal, - I'm not trying to argue the relative value of selling away all Redbook in favor of digital file playback. I'm just saying that for me, digital file playback is effectively competing with redbook CDs, - and the process of transferring lesser value CDs to our file server has been fun and worthwhile, and gives me more options. In addition, I feel that higher tier players would provide more value if they had some kind of digital input. (I recognize that for me, not being much of a classical fan, and a somewhat limited jazz fan, {and having an amazing player wherein redbook gets damn close to hi-rez}; SACDs and DVD-As have so much less value to me than Hi-Rez formats).

The argument that all things are going in this direction is obvious, and becoming a cliche. But it is true. I'm not saying that CDs or SACDs, or DVD-As or vinyl will be going away soon, - because there are folks, even in our little minority here, who will continue to fight to keep it.

Part of the message, and a lot of the value of a UNIVERSAL player is to bring about value by allowing one more options, - to play any type of disc. I'm saying that universal player manufacturers should keep in mind that "universal-ality," and include digital inputs....

Cheers,

Thoughts from above hit the people down below. There are people in this world who have no place to go

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • yep... me too - Sordidman 09:05:41 10/26/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.