Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Here You Go...

I have 2 systems currently, one of which is often in a state of flux do to the fact that I buy/sell/repair/restore/collect a lot of equipment. I also make nearly all of the cables I use.

My main system is comprised of an Accuphase C-240 preamp + C-220 MC headamp/preamp, a P-400 Class A/AB switchable amp, a DP-70v cd player and a T-103 tuner.

My turntable is a Micro Seiki RX 5000, utilizing a MAX-282 tonearm and an Accuphase AC-1 cartridge.

My speakers are a pair of updated and optimized Polk SDA 2B's. After 10+ years of exhaustive comparisons, I am confident that there are only a handfull of speakers that can compete with them today!

I am very happy with this system. I feel that it is the pinnacle of what I have been searching 30+ years for.

My computer system, which is the one I listen to the most, is comprised of an Accuphase E-202 integrate (the first of the E-300 series), a Carver MV-5 cd changer utilizing a BiDAC, a Digital Time Lens, and currently running a set of BB 2227 op-amps. I am also using a soon to be recapped Kenwood KT-7300.

I am currently waiting on the arrival of a Micro Seiki BL-51 turntable, fitted with a Grace 727 tonearm and a Signet TK7E cartridge.

I monitor this system using my ultra-accurate JVC HA-D990 headphone's.

My opinion of this system in its current form is that it sounds much better than it "appears"!;o)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Here You Go... - George Mann 08:28:31 10/24/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.