Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Vacuum State Electronics VSE Level V -- Sony DVP-S9000ES CD Player/Recorder

Well, I cannot say that I can agree with this conclusion, "King of detail resolution" I hope not! Cos the "kings of detail resolution" are painful to listen to on less than stellar recordings and after almost a year of owning a VSE L5 machine, I cannot accuse it of any such sin. The most enduring quality about the VSE is the neutrality and sure-footed balance, i love its transparency but after months of listening, I have come to appreciate its neutrality and faithfulness to the recording over and above it transparency, I certainly do not want any frequency bumps (ala numerous Naims) for PRAT simulation, my motto.. player please give what is on the recording minus grain and grit, when the music calls for excitement, please give me excitement but please no artificial tricks and on that score the machines deliver in bucket loads!

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Vacuum State Electronics VSE Level V -- Sony DVP-S9000ES CD Player/Recorder - theaudiohobby 11:06:48 10/23/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.