Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: excitement is gone

The excitement refuses to go away for me. Starting in the early years with 78s, then on to LPs, then stereo, etc. many of us were constantly searching for a clean, clear, quiet, high fidelity, broad dynamic range sound as we went from medium to medium and sound system to sound system. I'm so glad that SACD came along before it was time to kick-off.

And on top of all that, we can listen to the music with a being-there ambience that could never be experienced before. This has come as a result of the classical music recording engineers staying away from gimmicky music placement and concentrating on providing us the true hall accoustics via our rear speakers.

There are still lots and lots of multi-channel classical SACDs out there, more than I'll ever be able to afford. I am forever grateful to you folks for continuing with your fine recommendations of the really great recordings. This keeps the excitement going.

Both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are capable of giving us multi-channel SACD quality sound, maybe even along with video of the performing ensemble. Now that would be something worth waiting for. These blue lazer media certainly have all the space and bandwidth needed to do this. If that happens, will this forum pick it up or will a third hi-rez forum be opened?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: excitement is gone - KMyron 22:09:14 10/18/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.