Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: excitement is gone

This may sound absurd, but I have SACD (and to a much lesser extent, DVD-A) to thank for the following:

1. Getting me into new music.
2. Getting to hear more weaknesses in my gear.

Both items have ended up costing me money, and both have had their depressing points, but overall, I have gained much more than I have lost.

Because the predominant number of SACDs are classical, I have been curious to find out what is available out there. So, being a clasical newbie, I've taken some risks. Discovering Vaughn Williams has been an incredible journey. Sitting through Bernestein's Mass has been a drag. I've come to find out what eras I'm into and have been trying to do my homework in terms of understanding the hows and whys of what these composers were doing. As the dust has begun to settle, I find myself a classical music fan, and I have SACD to thank. A lot of my tips (and good scores) were in no small part due to this part of the Asylum. I thank you all, even though I dont post too often.

As far as the gear goes, I've been through (count 'em) 4 SACD players in the past year or so. Maybe some of it was system synergy, and maybe some of it was being unimpressed with a certain aspect of the player (whether it was mechanical issues, Redbook sound issues, or SACD sound issues), but now that I've found the right one, I'm really psyched up on SACD more than I ever was before.

For a classical music lover that does not want to do analog, SACD is where its at.

-Jake

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.