Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Tunenut - I've tried; but am still willing...

Classical music is a tough nut to crack. A small minority of people ever come to appreciate it. You probably can't just put on a random title and expect to enjoy it- could you pick a random pop title and expect to enjoy that?

The best advice I could give you is if you are lucky enough to live near a classical radio station, just start listening to it regularly. That's all. You'll hear something you like and you can read about it on the Internet and little by little you will educate yourself on the composers and their work and their place in the historical context. And if, for example, you hear Goldberg Variations by Bach and it strikes your fancy, you will find 3 versions on SACD (maybe more I don't know about). I still listen to the radio every night when falling asleep. It never gets old.

As far as "this board has never been so strong in its doomsaying conjecture", for one I don't see it, just the usual complaints from the usual complainers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Tunenut - I've tried; but am still willing... - tunenut 19:39:31 01/25/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.