Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

you haven't correctly predicted anything - that I can see

I'm always puzzled by the contradictions in your statements and actions. As I recall, you made lots of statements about Best Buy pulling down displays and clerks who told you that SACD was dead. Lots of "sky is falling" stuff. But you continue to buy SACDs, buy new players....over and over again. Why do you keep investing in a dead format? Especially one where you can't hear the difference between the redbook and dsd layers? Do you buy stocks that you think will decline in value? And now you've correctly predicted something? What? That SACD is dead? Has that come to pass? If the UMG news is correct, then it will be a real blow, but SACD will certainly not be dead.

What I was trying to express is that while we all understood the stated goals of single inventory (still, a brilliant idea with the hybrid disc), I don't think that there was a significant belief that this would actually occur. Replacing the CD was and is a lofty goal. And - in my opinion - I don't think that anyone seriously thought that was going to happen. Perhaps I'm wrong. But whatever - the thing that troubles me is that rock software seems to be drying up. Such a shame after the Stones, Dylan, Clapton, Police, Peter Gabriel, Elton John and other smaller releases that we've seen just recently.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.