Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

same old story

Don't know how long you've been following these boards. I got my SACD player in July 2000 and found these boards around the same time. Your post, in more or less the same words, has been a constant refrain.

There was a time when about the only game for SACD software was Sony and Sony pretty much stopped their releases. That was a time when worry was justified.

I guess it depends what you like. I've seen a few new Pentatone releases over the last couple weeks. The LSO Live Verdi Falstaff just showed up at Tower. There was also a new Arvo Part choral release on Hyperion. Meanwhile, some 40 great recordings from the Philips/Decca catalog are now available from Japan and I'm trying to figure out how many I can afford to order this week (there are 8 on the list that are must-haves for me). And next Tuesday, 10 more RCA Living Stereo titles come out. Compared to the dark days when I would see the same tiny display of the same Sony titles at Tower for months at a time, there are new titles every week at Tower now. Not many, but a few.

To be very realistic, the large majority of music that I like does not come out on SACD, so CDs and some LPs are still the bulk of buying and listening for me. But there are plenty of SACDs coming out that I like.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.