Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: That's nice but why don't you answer the original question

I've not heard any of those other players either, though I'm sure they must be very good. I've owned a SA-11 for over a month now and i regard it as a very special player. It surpasses anything I've either owned or heard in my system and that includes several other high end players. If your preference is for an 'in your face' type of sound then the SA-11 is probably not for you because it is a little laid back compared with many other similarly priced players. Sonically it seems to be closer to the original SA-1 than either the SA-12s1 or either of the SA-14s, but the filter and noise shaping options allow for some useful fine tuning on redbook CD.
Lastly, my advise is to treat reviews in this and other forums with caution. I own an SA-11 so obviously I'm biased towards it, particularly as it's still a new toy. AVGURU may well be correct with his appraisal but my advise is to wait for the passage of time and a larger consensus of opinion to develop. Reviews in Stereophile and other mags are more likely to be accurate because the long time reviewers tend to be less brand biased than the rest of us. Having said that, I've never bought anything based on a review. At the end of the day the only ears that count are your own 2.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: That's nice but why don't you answer the original question - Lewinski 05:31:22 01/07/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.