Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

discounted pioneer elite 45A now cheap

The Pioneer Elite DV-45A started out at MSRP of $1500 (I believe), soon selling for MSRP $700. They must be about to discontinue this machine as it is selling on the internet for >= $300. And I just purchased it for a bit more at my favorite local high end store.

The 45A universal player has been compared in sound quality to the still very expensive Marantz and Phillips machines. So it seems a true audiophile bargan at these prices.

I am very satisfied with the final CD sound which I am routing into my MSB DAC. The 45A's native SACD sound is just about the same or a bit better than the +DAC standard CD sound.

And of course I can't route the DSD into a DAC. So I wonder what modifications one would suggest to improve the 5.1 audio out (actually I am only interested in modifying the 2 + center channel)

Is anyone still doing mods on this machine?
which mods are worth while?-power supply and simple audio out seem interesting tweeks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - discounted pioneer elite 45A now cheap - junkscience 11:09:55 01/03/05 (5)

You can not post to an archived thread.