Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Well, I thought that I'd be one of the lucky ones this year...

But, nope, my stock Philips SACD1000 went tits-up today...just stopped playing in the middle of a CD...so, I unplugged it for a while and then tried an SACD in it...well, it worked...for ten seconds, then it locked up....couldn't even get the SACD out....

Oh well, it would have to happen right before the new year, and at the end of one of the most finacially unrewarding years I've had....

At least I have a Pioneer 563, a slightly modded Toshiba 3950 and a Sony CE775...I just HATE the DVD player type operation that the pioneer and the Toshiba have for playing music discs...and I use the 563 as a DVD player...so I guess that I'll take the Sony out of it's box and put it in place of the Philips...

Ahh well, looks like Philips really does suck.....two years and 3 months....worst record I've ever had for ANY electrical or elctronic item that I have bought over the past 45 years or so!

At least I didn't give the full 2K for it, ONLY 800 at Oade...

I should have kept the Rega Planet 2000....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Well, I thought that I'd be one of the lucky ones this year... - Rick B 16:44:09 12/31/04 (9)

You can not post to an archived thread.