Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

You really should get out more...

if you believe that "no mods needed, the thin[n]ess some talk about is gone, pitch black background, zero noise."

I'm glad you're happy with the outcome of Bob Crump's suggestion, and it would be great if matching the polarity to the unit solved everything, but it's at best just a starting point. You've probably lowered the noise floor and eliminated some thinness, but you haven't come close to zeroing out the noise or maximizing the 1's potential until you consider the Kern, Allen Wright, Dan Wright, or other third-party upgrades and mods available...or the do-it-yourself suggestions posted here by J Hietbrink, fmak, and others.

I don't suggest that everyone should have their 1's or 777's modded, especially those uncomfortable with the warranty implications or with the idea of someone working in the innards of their expensive players. But "no mods needed" is a categorical cover-all-eventualities statement that simply doesn't square with the listening experience of some of us who've gone the mod route.

In any event, I'm glad you're happy with your SCD-1...a great player, whatever its incarnation.

--Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You really should get out more... - Jim Treanor 12:33:42 12/29/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.