Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: $9.33 per SACD at Sony Style vs SonyMusicStore (plus 'hacking' cdlounge (BMG) for SACDs @ $7.99

Sony Style and Sony Music Store (not to mention Sony Boutique) are all different ways to get inside and purchase. As I noted once before, you get a different url for each session. Just go to sony.com or sonystyle, sonymusicstore, etc. What's interesting is that each place has some significantly different availability, price and discount(s). For example, when anything in sonystyle is not in stock or backordered, eg. Lady in Satin, the cost defaults to backorder price, i.e. $18 plus. (retail) However, you can do a search and through one of the other portals get it added at the $10 plus price. Free shipping and the Visa code mentioned before get you them for $9.33. Yes, the JJ is CD from the new box set, remastered and due in US stores in January. That comes to just $7 with discounts.

Also, BTW, I found that CD lounge only allow new members to buy a couple of SACDs--the rest were for members only. But if you go to the main BMG page and get the serial number you can add it to your basket and get 1 free with every three purchased. (Tenor Madness, Lush Life, Bill Evans, Relaxin' by Miles and some really good ones--though even members don't have much choice. Got 8 jazz sacds (only 3 allowed through the cdlounge 'club' for $40 some odd dollars, shipped. Have to buy two cds over next year...still, doing the math, a great deal.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: $9.33 per SACD at Sony Style vs SonyMusicStore (plus 'hacking' cdlounge (BMG) for SACDs @ $7.99 - JRK 11:50:29 12/29/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.