Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Took the plunge (the cheap way)

Alright, so today, walked into the Sony Store and picked up one of these SCD-CE595 SACD/CD changers (and yes, Duilawyer, I'm aware of your problems but I'm having faith in Sony today). I was originally gonna go for something more expensive from Pioneer, Onkyo or Philips, but figured buying the music was just a tad bit more important than the sound. Plugged it in, popped in my RS500 SACD sampler, and an VERY impressed. My SACD's sound as good as many of my LP's (but aren't quite up there with the best ones) and even the redbook CD's I tried sound good. There is detail, space and musicallity. Did some CD/SACD layer switching on my sampler and the SACD layer offers at first hearing better definition throughout, especially in the bass regions and better seperation of the instrumentation. I had forgotten how bad my old CD player really was! So, the early verdict is, it's staying put in my system. It's not vinyl, but hey, it's pretty close.

IBSmiester
Open Your Ears....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Took the plunge (the cheap way) - IBSmiester 11:10:28 12/27/04 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.