Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Tower Record - in-store 25% off sale. Shop wisely!

Tower Records are open today, until 10pm in my area. All discs (including SACD) are discounted, 25% off the white sticker price according to big signs posted around the store.

I headed to the SACD section and, basket in hand, loaded up with a bunch of SACDs. I carefully trimmed down my initial selections to 11 discs and made my way to the check out.

The assistant scanned the first couple of discs and the computer calculated the price on each one, sales tax to be added at the end, but things did not seem to add up. A $19.99 disc rang up at $16.50, and the Mercury Starker double ($37.99) rang up at $34 and change.

Now I know my mental arithmetic is not as sharp as it once was, (my B.Sc Hons. in applied maths was gleaned many years back), but even on my worst day I can work out that one quarter of twenty bucks is $5, and that $19.99 SACD should be $14.99.

I pointed this out to the assistant, whose powers of basic math were even poorer than mine (though, to give him credit, he was wearing an excellent pink hippo costume that was quite a hoot). After a little back and forth, he called over the supervisor. I'm a regular at Tower - for what that's worth - and they agreed to re-scan the discs, applying the 25% discount by hand on each item.

This worked out to my satisfaction. Example - I really paid $28.49 for that Mercury Living Presence Janos Starker double SACD.

So, if you are bored and decide to head over to your local Tower Records for some Christmas shopping, pay attention to the way the cash register works, and stand on principle. You will get the 25% discount you deserve.

Regards,
Geoff

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Tower Record - in-store 25% off sale. Shop wisely! - Metralla 14:51:32 12/25/04 (5)

You can not post to an archived thread.