Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I have that on Hybrid and earlier JSACD too

The story is pretty much the same between these.

Subsequent remastering through 4th generation EMM Labs ADCs may sometimes achieve superior results, but pressing plant and polycarbonate material are still big factors in the disc's sound quality. But in this case though, I like the hybrid BOB SACD better sonically than the stereo JSACD.

Another issue that comes into play may be the fact that the hybrid releases were handled not by Sony's inept inhouse engineers like Mark Wilder, but by the respected Greg Calbi, which probably is one of the reasons why the hybrid disc seems better balanced throughout the range from treble to bass. Music wise, I prefer Highway 61 Revisted.

I also did voiced my suspicion that earlier BOB releases has been decimated during first re-mastering.

Based on Christine Tham's comments, I think I'll try to compare the pitch of all JSACDs I still have against their US version next.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have that on Hybrid and earlier JSACD too - jeromelang 00:49:14 12/21/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.