Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

My scenario with Philips !

I started out with a Philips 763 , (I got a discount on a extended
warranty,so I went ahead & got it).Good thing , after just a few weeks of use the player quit playing all discs ,even redbooks. So I took it to a local service center,after about a week or so,the tech.guy called me,saying come get the unit and call Philips,and they'd send me a new one(cool).A few weeks later got a new unit from Philips ,this time a 795(5-disc changer).This unit worked for about two weeks before biting the dust, this time ,send the unit to the service center in TN.,a week or so later ,I get another new unit ,another 795,which has now worked for about two months,so now I have the original warranty on this unit and a extended warranty until July ,2006.The guy at the service center said ,just keep sending them back ,maybe eventually you'll get a good unit,(isn't that reassuring).Can Philips not make a decent player (I just don't get it)other companies seem to able to.I will never buy another Philips product.I remember the day when the Philips name meant something.I'll get off my soapbox now!!!!
Happy Holidays.
txguitar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - My scenario with Philips ! - txguitar 10:09:03 12/19/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.