Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Elton John SACDs

I have always been a fan of Elton's early albums. I used to have Madman Across The Water, Honky Chateau & GYBR on Ultradisc many years ago. I thought they sounded excellent at the time with my modest gear.

Today, I bought two of the new SACDs, the self titled "Elton John", and "Tumbleweed Connection".

Well, I am stunned with the superb sound quality of the stereo layer. These discs really make my Dynaco Stereo 35, PAS-3 and Paradigm Atoms setup sing. Astonishing!

The player I am using is the often maligned (not by me!) Pioneer DV-578s. This little player deserves a listen, prejudices set aside. I really don't care if it coverts DSD to PCM or not. To me, it delivers music, and that's what matters.

With the Elton John discs, the player produces a sound so good that I completely forget about equipment and simply enjoy the music. That's the highest compliment you can get...

Vocals are reproduced so real that's spooky. Elton's voice seems to float in space with no harshness, or any hint of electronic artifacts or haze. Strings are also convincingly portrayed. Dynamics are effortlessly reproduced.

Perhaps I hit some magical combination here, but the Pioneer paired with my tube electronics is a winner.

Regards,
crooner

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Elton John SACDs - crooner 23:55:30 12/16/04 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.