Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Thanks, tunenut and racerguy

for your sensible posts. Yes, hearing the equipment in question would seem to be a prerequisite to judging it.

I'm quite happy with the SCD-1 right now. I don't have the time, funds, or in general the ability to send it out for modifications. So this is how it's gonna be for awhile. I think it's a damned good player as is. Op-amps notwithstanding. ;-)

Incidentally: to those advising me to tweak/otherwise futz around with my ReVox, the machine is well-maintained, and plays other tapes beautifully. This, for whatever reason, was simply a bad tape. As for the poster who suggested the tape needed to be played back on the machine on which it was recorded, I continue to be baffled.

I could've posted this comparison in the Vinyl Asylum, where I know it would've drawn a more positive response. But I'd decided even before I made the comparison that the release at issue was the new SACD and that the place for the comparison was the Hi-Rez forum--regardless of the results. In my first sentence I state that the comparison was informal and made my general disclaimers. I find it surprising that in a forum where you'd think subjectivity would be encouraged, "invalidity of the rest results" would be invoked in response to a subjective, informal listening test. Do I need to post "for entertainment purposes only" next time?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks, tunenut and racerguy - bublitchki 07:03:52 10/12/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.