Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

If that's the case...

I'm willing to wait a while if in the end I'll be able to have a working SACD 1000. I have a Philips 963SA in my system right now (covering for the SACD1000 so to speak) and its not a bad machine - actually quite similar to the 1000's sound if I remember correctly (it is leaps and bounds better than the Sony DVP-S9000ES I had as an initial replacement). Right now any player in my system has to have SACD, CD, and DVD (I don't have room in my small boston apartment for separate audio and video systems) so that rules out for the time being the new SA8400 and the SA8260 that I would probably buy if I didn't need video. So I'll stick it out with what I have, probably listen to a bunch of vinyl (new P25/blackbird is really starting to sing) and see how it all pans out. I'll probably upgrade SACD players in a year or two when I can focus soley on audio, but getting a working SACD1000 back would really be a nice way to bide my time :)

Cheers,

Sebastian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • If that's the case... - ramossp 07:09:33 09/02/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.