Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Things I hate about DVDA

"I find it interesting how someone posting very valid shortcomings regarding DVD-A was turned into yet another DVD-A vs SACD thread."

Maybe if the original poster had included the shortcomings of SACD also, thus presenting a more balanced picture? I think some of the DVDA folks are defensive after the constant and unnecessary insults from the SACD folks.... seems like there should be more common ground.

Also, I'm not sure what valid shortcomings were described in the original post... Here's what I mean:

"1) Nearly two years after I bought a machine there are still no titles in the high street; thank goodness it also plays DVDvideo."

Not sure what 'high street' is, a place in San Francisco maybe? :) Lack of major titles is a shortcoming shared by both SACD and DVDA. Also, aren't some of the newer Sony SACD players also DVD players?

"2) The 15 discs I have all sound as bad as they did the day I bought them. Every disc has a fundamental error in recording production."

The original poster either has something very wrong with his system, or is only listening to Silverline discs. Its hard to take this comment seriously in light of the fact that he/she doesn't list what the discs are and the fact that many many others listen to quality DVDA discs and do not share this opinion. In fact, since so many folks find DVD-A a great improvement in SQ compared to CD redbook (notice I did not put down SACD here), this statement seems more like 'trolling'.

"3) They are worthless even on Ebay."

What, the discs or the player? Did the original poster actually try to sell 'it' on eBay with poor results? Are there links to relevent site on ebay so we can see this? Details....?

"4) They don't fit on my shelf properly, mostly being larger packaging than the surrounding CDs."

On my shelf, they fit perfectly in between smaller CDs and larger DVD-vid. The different size helps to differentiate the different discs into different sections too.

"Whaty a heap of crap lolol. Certainly dead, never to be re-born. RIP and good 'effin' riddance."

Yeah, right.

I agree with you EricJ that both formats have some shortcomings (I have both), but I just don't think there was much in the original post of any merit. From lurking here for awhile, I find it curious that some of the SACD folks go out of their way to constantly bash and put down DVDA, thus putting DVD folks on the defensive. Maybe that's how they get their jollies?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.