Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Calibrated how?

....There are no equalizer/treble/bass controls anywhere in my system. My cables are, if anything, top heavy and perhaps so is my speaker/amp combination...

I do not mean 'balancing one's system' through use of equalizers/treble or bass controls. I mean balancing one's system through component selection, cable selection etc. All components are usually balanced one way or the other (light and airy or bass heavy and dark). I'm talking subtleties here that only an audiophile would appreciate. My own personal belief is that audiophiles (including me) choose components to compliment our systems. Then we choose software that sounds the best. I further believe audiophiles choose cables and power conditioners to 'fine tune' the timbre of their systems.

....How do you have access to master tapes? Which ones?....

I have several master tapes made by amateurs, primarily of classical music.

I think that after years of cd/pcm digital many audiophiles have compensated through the 'component selection process' to make their systems less sensitive to digititus and therefore have a 'darkish' balance. In these systems many may actually prefer the high frequencies of dvda versus sacd. But it ain't the truth IMO.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.